Top reasons we lose clients

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
ATSMAN  
This reminds me of a retired preparer who would hangout at the local VFW or Elks Lodge and basically help "self prepare" other patron's simple tax returns in exchange for drinks/dinner. I came to find out about this fellow from a client I lost.

CathysTaxes  
ATSMAN wrote:This reminds me of a retired preparer who would hangout at the local VFW or Elks Lodge and basically help "self prepare" other patron's simple tax returns in exchange for drinks/dinner. I came to find out about this fellow from a client I lost.

That guy was smart. If he was single, he wouldn't have to worry about making dinner for himself.
Cathy
CathysTaxes

novacpa wrote:I lost one this year - because he wanted to "do it himself" - after 4/18/18 - he emails me - having some 2nd thoughts about the return I did for me and my wife - I didn't include the a 1099-G - for $9,000 (a special case I won for them against a State) did I make a mistake (he asks) - I'm thinking of just how I'm to advise him?

You won a special case for a client against a state for $9,000, and the client still left?

WBR  
For me it would be:
A. Client decides to do the return's on their own (Several have come back after a year or more)
B. Client has additional income and have a large tax liability or reduced refund and they think another accountant could have somehow be able to reduce their taxes. (i.e. My friend has their taxes done and their tax refunds are larger then mine)

ATSMAN  
CathysTaxes wrote:
ATSMAN wrote:This reminds me of a retired preparer who would hangout at the local VFW or Elks Lodge and basically help "self prepare" other patron's simple tax returns in exchange for drinks/dinner. I came to find out about this fellow from a client I lost.

That guy was smart. If he was single, he wouldn't have to worry about making dinner for himself.

I got to meet this guy. May be if he is single he gets a date with the single ladies he helps!

Previous

Return to Business Operations and Development