Date to open back the office to clients??

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
Has anybody opened up their office to clients yet? Do you have a date in mind ?

In my mind there is no sense in opening if you are going to plan on plexi glass shields at the front desk or require all guests to wear a mask. You might as well just have the office closed.

Our entire office staff has worked in the office the whole time, nobody wanted the work from home option so there is no transition for the employees.

More of an issue of getting used to clients dropping in. I'd say June 15 or maybe July 1

Our office has been open for a couple weeks. We are a little light on meetings still, but other than that our office is operating normally. No masks required for staff or shields at the front desk. Our area is sparsely populated and only had four confirmed cases nearly 2 months ago.

Our office is open. Had a client meeting today. We both wore face masks. Wasn't a big deal, but this is the kind of client that insists on face-to-face meetings. Email is not a good option.
~Captcook

I have half hour meetings at forty five minute intervals. I wear a mask and encourage clients to do the same, which has not been difficult as my client base skews elderly.

I saw my eye doctor today and sensible precautions were in place. Other than the masks, it was a normal appointment. I also had a hair cut. Again, sensible precautions. I was a bit concerned about the barber as it is in a semi-rural area with a clientele that generally does not support the very gradual re-opening we have had in NC. I needn’t have worried. My biggest problem is that my head feels cold.

My pharmacy is at my local hospital and they are now letting their customers into the hospital lobby, rather than having to wait in the car.

I think the trick is to be sensible and listen to medical advice that, in this country, has been pretty good overall.

Still closed. Our state peaked early but and things were going really well, some of the lowest numbers in the country, but now we’ve hit a second peak just as things have started to reopen. The governor has postponed phase 2 of opening as numbers have soared this week.

We are exchanging documents via curbside when secure email/portal isn’t desired, so the only real difference is meetings are being done over the vs in person. With the scare from the surge no one is complaining.

ATSMAN  
A friend of mine is concerned about liability protection, once things open up and there is face to face meetings. Until more clarification is provided, it is best to do the social distancing thing, drop box, upload to secure portal etc. and limit any face to face contact to bare minimum.

I have a couple of clients that insist on face-to-face. I am inclined to wear a mask...actually meeting with one this evening to go over and deliver tax returns.

Since I work from home, it is always closed to clients. I go to them, they cannot come to me. There have been two exceptions--one I didn't mind, the other I objected to in my head but allowed it because I was busy.

People in my area are NOT using common sense. They are acting like COVID is simply over with since things are reopening. I am so tired of being in public and having people come up to a foot away from me. I am still not eating out at restaurants, going to church, etc. I am convinced my state is going to see a spike in COVID cases...the bars and restaurants are ridiculously packed and some are simply not following the established guidelines for reopening.

Cornerstone, SC opened up more quickly and more aggressively than NC. You should be starting to see spikes in the various metrics now. Are you?

SumwunLost wrote:Cornerstone, SC opened up more quickly and more aggressively than NC. You should be starting to see spikes in the various metrics now. Are you?

IMO, yes, based on recent SC DHEC data concerning confirmed cases AND deaths. Both are on a continual incline across the state and by county--some worse than others, but certainly NOT an overall decline in either.

I am not a proponent of how SC has handled COVID, and I think we are going to suffer rather serious ramifications because of it. Same with Georgia. Not to mention, I live in Hilton Head where a majority of our visitors are from MI, OH, NJ, PA, and NY--HOT SPOTS! :evil:

Georgia will reopen bars and nightclubs on Monday.

I went for a drive yesterday evening, saw a lot of people on restaurant patios. Most of the younger people (20s and 30s) weren't practicing social distancing at all.

Also saw some takeout lines with less than a foot of space between people.

I think the problem is people (particularly younger) do not see anyone they know getting sick, so they're "past" COVID-19 at this point.

We still don't know a lot about the virus, just that it affects certain at-risk groups more severely than others. Outside of that, there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason. My mother told me on the phone a few days ago that a pilot living in her area got it. He had intense migraine headaches, high fever, experienced alternating periods of feeling hot and getting the chills. In the interview he said there were a couple of nights in which he thought he wouldn't make it to morning. They tested his family, his wife and kids. All of them tested positive for COVID-19 but were completely asymptomatic... They didn't notice a difference.

I suspect a lot more people have COVID than we think.

ManVsTax wrote:I suspect a lot more people have COVID than we think.

100% agree
To some extent, this also may mean WAY more people have immunity to a second wave than other statistics would suggest.
I'm trying to find something to be optimistic about.
~Captcook

ATSMAN  
Those Protesters were not practicing social distancing either so just wait and the infection rate will spike in those cities hit hard :cry:

Return to Business Operations and Development