Mouse Trap

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
In the spirit of constant improvement, what mouses(mice) does your firm keep in their supply closet? I'm talking about the kind that you grab by the rear-end and use to navigate the digital seas, not the kind that scoots by your year-end while looking for cheese.

I have been going with these ones recently: https://www.amazon.com/TECKNET-6-Button ... 5149aa9081

Although they have the features I like, like back and forward navigation buttons, the scrolling wheel seems to burn out between 3-6 months after being put into service... I don't know if that is good or bad but I do put heavy use on them...

I prefer wired instead of wireless (too many batteries in landfills...they are dirty...and a mouse that is battery powered really runs through batteries in my experience).

Why say you? Is there something better?

ATSMAN  
I have been using Logitech mice for years and I like the feel and resolution of them. I agree that wireless mice do add to the battery landfill but you have to consider the convenience compared to a wired one. I don't expect them to last for ever and I think the average life has been about 5-6 years in my operation.

CathysTaxes  
Use rechargeable batteries. I have a lot of camera equipment and switched to rechargeable for all of them. I just have to hide them from hubby because he may forget they are rechargeable and toss them.
Cathy
CathysTaxes

ATSMAN  
Have you noticed that the rechargeable batteries are not as strong as Duracell. At least I can tell the difference in a flashlight!

I use a Logitech MX Anywhere 2 wireless mouse that recharges via USB cable. It's been trucking along for nearly 4 years, and even if I forget to charge it, it works while plugged in.

CathysTaxes  
ATSMAN wrote:Have you noticed that the rechargeable batteries are not as strong as Duracell. At least I can tell the difference in a flashlight!

I buy the batteries made for cameras and flashes. They last much longer.
Cathy
CathysTaxes

I use a Microsoft mouse.
Not exactly sure how old it is, but it's old enough to have pretty significant wear marks.
Prior to that was always Microsoft or OE dell.

Found it.
March 2018
Microsoft Comfort Mouse 4500
$16.99 on amazon

I only use corded, hate wireless mice. I had a few for use with laptops, but prefer to use corded.
In my experience they get glitchy when the batteries are going low, but not low enough to let you know.

Return to Business Operations and Development