Scheduling Software

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
I searched and did not find if this has been discussed.

Just wondering if anyone uses and recommends any online appointment Scheduling Software?

kwkcpa  
We use AppToTo.com for scheduling as it includes integration with Office 365 and sends SMS, email and voice reminders to clients.

jesella  
We use youcanbook.me. It's inexpensive, fully customizable, integrates with Google Calendar, and does send SMS confirmations/reminders.

cakcpa  
On the two sources mentioned here, how do you handle these, i.e. integrated into Outlook Calendar by a staff person, etc. or are you handling it yourself? We use Office Tools Professional with a sync to Outlook, but looking for an online appointment scheduler, would like to hear any thoughts you have to offer.

TaxDude  
cakcpa wrote: We use Office Tools Professional with a sync to Outlook, but looking for an online appointment scheduler, would like to hear any thoughts you have to offer.

I think Office Tools offers an online appointment scheduler that syncs with your desktop calendar. I remember this issue came up recently when I was considering buying this program. I currently use Act! and unfortunately they do not have an online calendar that syncs with our desktop software.

I too would like to offer an online appointment scheduler at some point.

Preppie  
appointy.com free version

jesella  
I'm not quite sure exactly what you're asking re: how we're handling it. We have youcanbook.me set up so that clients can book directly from a link on our website. When clients call for an appointment, staff also books appointments using either that link (or a secondary link we've set up that removes some of the restrictions we place on client-made appointments) so we're all booking the same way and all appointments are getting the same emails/reminders. Those appointments automatically appear on our Google calendars, which I believe can integrate with Outlook but we don't use Outlook or OfficeTools. Each staff member sets up recurring blocks of available time on their google calendars and the app uses those to determine what times are available for clients. We add and remove available time as needed. It took a little time and annual tweaking to figure out how exactly we wanted it set up, but once it's set for the season, we generally don't touch it. If you have other questions, I'd be happy to try to answer.

This is a really old thread, but I just wanted to add that I went with youcanbook.me today and am pretty impressed with the functionality for the cost. I use Outlook via Office 365 (browser based) and it integrates seamlessly with my calendar.

TaxCut  
"Bookings" from Office365 seems to work pretty well and it's free! :shock: Or at least part of the subscription I'm already paying... :lol:

ATSMAN  
I use Outlook also. My tax software can export the appointments on its platform to Outlook and then I use Outlook to e-mail client reminder, and any other documents.

Preppie  
I use Square for credit/debit card processing and they have scheduling software for no additional cost. I like it better than the Appointy software I had been using.

smtcpa  
We've been using Acuity for 3-4 years and like it.

migbike  
TaxCut wrote:"Bookings" from Office365 seems to work pretty well and it's free! :shock: Or at least part of the subscription I'm already paying... :lol:

Same here. Works fine. Obviously integrates with outlook since it's a MS product.

TaxCut wrote:"Bookings" from Office365 seems to work pretty well and it's free! :shock: Or at least part of the subscription I'm already paying... :lol:

I couldn’t easily find a way to add it. Is it with a certain subscription version of 365?

ATSMAN  
I think if your tax software can be integrated with your scheduling software that would be the better solution because your appointments will be in sync. In my software as soon as an appointment is confirmed, I have the ability to update the tax year and bring forward all the information. Then it is just a matter of starting the input process as soon as the tax documents arrive.

TaxCut  
RazorbackCPA wrote:

I couldn’t easily find a way to add it. Is it with a certain subscription version of 365?

I just sign in and it has all MS apps available. Got my subscription through godaddy so don't know if different from other subscriptions.

ATSMAN wrote:I think if your tax software can be integrated with your scheduling software that would be the better solution because your appointments will be in sync. In my software as soon as an appointment is confirmed, I have the ability to update the tax year and bring forward all the information. Then it is just a matter of starting the input process as soon as the tax documents arrive.

I agree that if your software has it it's a nice feature. Drakes scheduler integrates with Outlook. But Drakes scheduler doesn't allow the client to view your calendar and book on their own. It also doesn't send them an automatic email reminder or allow them to cancel or reschedule online.

ATSMAN  
But Drakes scheduler doesn't allow the client to view your calendar and book on their own. It also doesn't send them an automatic email reminder or allow them to cancel or reschedule online.

One year I tried a demo software to allow clients to view a schedulig calendar and book/cancel their appointments. It was a total disaster and my assistant was about to quit. Since then we have returned to the traditional model.

We do send reminders from Outlook.

TaxCut  
ATSMAN wrote:
One year I tried a demo software to allow clients to view a schedulig calendar and book/cancel their appointments. It was a total disaster and my assistant was about to quit. Since then we have returned to the traditional model.

We do send reminders from Outlook.

Booking software is great for a one person shop with no assitant, but if you're paying for an assistant then you should utilize that resource.

Return to Business Operations and Development