QBO vs QBDesktop 1099 efiling

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
You can use the Intuit preferred vendor, Tax1099.com or Yearli.com. At this point I prefer Yearli.com for clients whose payees are each only in max of two different states. Yearli.com does NOT participate in the "combined reporting" IRS/State program. So you must specify what state(s) you want Yearli. to efile with.

If anyone can clarify differences, if any, between QBO and QB Desktop use of Tax1099 for filing 1099's; please do.

-------------------

Intuit uses Tax1099.com for it's 1099 processing according to the QBDesktop and a QBO tech support person.

QBO 1099 faq (select "workers") explicitly says you must paper file CA.

QB Desktop instructions explicitly says all states are automatically filed.

Tax1099 tech support email to me just now:

"CA is part of the combined federal state filing program so separate filings to the state are not required. They will be sent automatically by the IRS.

We offer the option to email and mail USPS to your recipients, yes.

Neither QBO or QBD will import the state information so when you import the forms you will have to edit each one and then you can change the state at that time and update box 17.

Yes, they are both imported differently. We have steps in our support center on how to do both.

Thanks.

-- Mechelle Clark
Tax1099 Support
Support@tax1099.com

Len Raphael on January 19, 2018 at 7:15pm wrote:

QBO and QB Desktop integration with tax1099.com

Then there seems to be a difference between basic QBO and integrated tax1099.com?

Can you summarize 1099 reporting in both desktop ond online QBO re

Do both require paper filing of CA 1099’s or only QBO requires that?
Do both email and US mail copy of 1099 to payee?
From within QBO and QBDesktop can most states be specified for reporting regardless of payee’s or payor’s state address?

Len"

again this morning, QBO Advisor tech support double checked with higher up tech: the QBO 1099 efiling REQUIRES you to paper file California 1099's in all situations with for services to be reported as CA.

I'm telling clients to either use the full Tax1099 app or Yearli.com both of which should be avail as add in or separate web apps.

The filing submission cut-off's differ between Intuit (which uses Tax1099 engine vs using the Tax1099 add-in or direct web method by several days.

Tax1099 direct and QB add-in is also different by an hour? from Yearli

There's an unrelated issue w the Accountant's version of QBO re printing 1099 detail reports that only affects the accountant's firm QBO, not affecting your clients accessed thru that browser session or the qbo downloaded app.

(per Intuit known issue but only a few incident reports. My theory is that's because most accountants hate QBO and only use Desktop for their own accounting.)

Yearli's QBO plug-in app would either bring in to many or too few 1099 marked vendors for me. So probably related problem.

Not the first quirky difference between Accountant's firm QBO and clients. The lack of full WTrial Balance for the accountant firm is another example.

Len Raphael
Oakland CA

Return to Business Operations and Development