Web-based software

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
I feel like I'm going in circles. Does anyone use web-based software for their tax prep?

I will be working alone, I do just as many remote returns as face to face. I need good asset management, as I do lots of rentals and schedule c. I don't mind pay per return, I think that would probably be more economical for me at this point.

Any suggestions?

ProSystemFX

That's one I've been considering! Have you used it? OR have any experience with it?

ATSMAN  
Drake Hosted. $50 per month for a 12 month contract.

https://drakesoftware.com/products/drak ... d-desktop/

I’ve been trying to look over Drake, every time I ask for a demo, they send credentials that don’t work. I’m a little concerned about customer service, since they don’t answer my emails.

makbo  
Zamabehr wrote:I’ve been trying to look over Drake, every time I ask for a demo, they send credentials that don’t work. I’m a little concerned about customer service, since they don’t answer my emails.

It would probably help if you were located in North Carolina or something similar. Maybe with a foreign location, they think you are not a legitimate professional?

novacpa  
I - faintly - recall that e-file only works within U.S. Borders, correct?
Are you preparing Paper Returns to be mailed?

ATSMAN  
I realize there may be a 12 hour time difference, but the OP needs to call Drake Support and have it checked out.

From what I understand you have to have a static IP address and have it white listed by the software company but you can e-file from over seas
Because on T.A. ten was the most you were allowed

Return to Business Operations and Development