Software Pros/Cons

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
After searching and reading and reviewing and searching some more, it seems like I'm not the only one wondering about other software. I am currently wondering about Lacerte vs Proseries vs Drake. But I have researched many others.

So tell me, your opinion of your software, or software that you have used. What are some pros and cons to consider when looking at your software?

CathysTaxes  
Ease of use, reliability, longevity, cost, plus I am not paying big bucks for a software that pays big bucks on their DIY software. Reminds me of when PepsiCo used to own restaurant chains and some chains refused to carry their soft drinks because of it. One owner told me they felt they gave PepsiCo owned restaurants better prices giving them the advantage.
Cathy
CathysTaxes

ATSMAN  
Read the comparison posed on Journal Of Accountancy last year. It may help you.

chris  
Advanced search, titles only and keywords (any): software drake ultratax proseries lacerte:

Search for discussions about software
Site admin and software developer for TaxProTalk.com and https://TheSiteFactory.com

Twin Turbo Z  
Account Deactivated
We have tried all three you mentioned (and others) and for us Proseries was the best fit. Drakes interface was "clunky" and Lacerte is just too expensive for what it offers. Download the demos and play with them. I do every year to see if things change. But, bang for the buck, Proseries works for us.

ATSMAN  
Download the demos and play with them. I do every year to see if things change.

That is a good suggestion for someone not satisfied with their current software or jumping in brand new!

Once I learn a software I tend to stick with it until they go out of business (Taxworks)!

CathysTaxes  
ATSMAN wrote:
Download the demos and play with them. I do every year to see if things change.

That is a good suggestion for someone not satisfied with their current software or jumping in brand new!

Once I learn a software I tend to stick with it until they go out of business (Taxworks)!

I really liked Taxworks.
Cathy
CathysTaxes

when i switched to Pro Series i was able to get a huge discount for making the switch and it was guaranteed for 5 years.

Return to Business Operations and Development