Work around for network

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
Hey all! This will be my voyage post, and it may be a doozy!

I prepare returns at my office just fine, I come home and I use one of two remote access methods (with VPN) to access my work computer. The problem is there are 2 different Microsoft Remote Desktop. The first is super fast but does not allow for two monitor usage. The other, standard method, allows for dual monitor with a delay. Either way my efficiency is slaughtered.

When I worked at a large regional firm, we would take our laptops everywhere and could access the servers from anywhere without remote desktop, using VPN of course. My question is how can I mimic that process at my current firm? I want to buy a nice laptop that would store nothing but could access my firms network without requiring remote drop in.

ATSMAN  
Please check this page out. Your system nay need a bit of tweaking.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/window ... client-faq

Are you running the latest version?

Yes everything is updated to latest version. And I don't experience any of the problems on the page you linked. The connection is fine and Microsoft is aware of the issue, they have fixed it for apple products for the dual monitor issue with Windows but no fix for Windows based PCs.

eze  
I have never been able to get remote desktop to work reliably even with a static IP address.

Have a look at Teamviewer. Faster and better resolution than Logmein. What apps where you using? Just standard Windows RDP programs?

This is one of those things that has haunted me for years. It seems like there should be a solution. But when I dive into it, it's very frustrating.

Return to Business Operations and Development