Proseries and Section 1035 exchange

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
Twin Turbo Z  
Account Deactivated
Have a 1099R coded 6 "Section 1035 exchange" and the amount is flowing to the 1040 as taxable. This is a non taxable exchange. Any proseries users know of any button to check on the 1099R screen to stop it from being taxable. Searched up and down the screen to no avail !!

Twin Turbo Z  
Account Deactivated
WTH !! I shut down Proseries, fired it back up and now it calculated correctly !!! Crazy !!!

Hmmmm... been using proseries for 15 years, have not experienced such a thing. Update that did not complete? I do have to admit, I am less than excited about this year and the handling of the software. Had to rebuild the database last weekend.

Twin Turbo Z  
Account Deactivated
Last few years has been a pain with them. We look at Drake every year, but the workflow is not as efficient.

JR1  
And the other day when we couldn't log in to OUR OWN FREAKIN' SOFTWARE INSTALLED ON MY OWN PC!!!!!!!.......but I've used this long before Intuit even owned it.....and it takes all my resources on my machine to run it if I have QB open as well....takes forever just to load. It's a pig. And pigs are only good for bacon, sausauge, pork chops, tenderloins, roasts....
Go Blackhawks! Go Pack Go!
Remembering our son, Ben Jan 22, 1992 to Aug 26, 2011.
For FB'ers: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BenRoberts/

Twin Turbo Z wrote:Last few years has been a pain with them. We look at Drake every year, but the workflow is not as efficient.

Interesting. I have used Lacert, Ultratax, Proseries, and Drake. Proseries is the only one I would not go back to. To me, it was awkward to use and slowed me down. Not everyone follows the same pattern, I guess.
Because on T.A. ten was the most you were allowed

Return to Business Operations and Development