Any post 4/17 new client opportunities/marketing ideas?

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
I'm wondering how to find new tax clients post 4/17. How can we find those taxpayers who were unhappy with their Tax "Professional" this year to at least review their last 3 years returns in the hopes of obtaining new clients? How do we find businesses who may be looking for a more qualified tax professional to make sure they benefit from the new tax law changes?

If you're semi-comfortable with public speaking, see about talking to a Rotary club (or similar) about the new tax law. You have to be careful, as a lot of clubs like this do not respond well to advertising one's business, but they appreciate informative talks which get your name out there. It's a form of soft marketing.

If you're looking for a harder marketing, my first thought is a postcard mailer. I've been told that postcards are more likely to be read in between the mailbox and the trash bin, and that unsolicited letters don't get read because it's too much effort to open an envelope (frankly, I can attest to that). But I really don't know how effective that sort of marketing is, especially if you're looking for a higher tier clientele.

Return to Business Operations and Development