Message from ProSystem

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
CathysTaxes  
I just received an email from my software company that IRS Efile is down. I'm so glad that I am done. Good luck, acknowledgements will be slow.
Cathy
CathysTaxes

Eduardo  
So is their payment portal, which doesn't surprise me.

CathysTaxes  
Eduardo wrote:So is their payment portal, which doesn't surprise me.

That's even worse. At least the returns you attempt to efile are considered timely filed. How does someone prove they tried to pay today? Every one would have to be given a break from late filing.
Cathy
CathysTaxes

CrowCPA  
I just received a message from my software provider (ProSystem fx) that the e-file system in down. They say it should not have any impact on us, but I have not tried to release returns yet today.

CathysTaxes  
I just posted this in the Business forum. Apparently, the payment portal is down also.
Cathy
CathysTaxes

Frankly  
I've been filing extensions with payment all morning, and getting acknowledgments.

Eduardo  
CathysTaxes wrote:
Eduardo wrote:So is their payment portal, which doesn't surprise me.

That's even worse. At least the returns you attempt to efile are considered timely filed. How does someone prove they tried to pay today? Every one would have to be given a break from late filing.

Their message says that payment is still due today even though their site is down.

http://www.businessinsider.com/irs-tax- ... ?r=UK&IR=T

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business ... 8273b95ec2

Interesting article. Sitting here waiting for acknowledgements. Anyone else waiting for ELFs?
Last edited by Terry Oraha on 17-Apr-2018 11:26am, edited 1 time in total.

I filed my last returns yesterday. I have received acknowledgements on all but one NJ return that was filed with a federal and NC one. Would really like to get that one back so I can be totally done!

I got an email from Drake about this. As long as the software provider has the file you're good for three days after the deadline to clear these glitches. I know a lot of folks take off immediately but I would log in for the next three days to see if you got the acceptances.

And it's yet another lesson for late clients we all have to not wait until the last day...

Bob

LMAO.

MEMCPA  
CrickTaxEA wrote:And it's yet another lesson for late clients we all have to not wait until the last day...

and like all the other lessons it will not be learned or will be forgotten.

EZTAX  
A client said the IRS epay is also not working. Will be interesting to see if they will have to waive late payment penalties due to that.

The IRS website says availability of Direct Pay does not change the payment due date. I don't see them waiving any penalties for late payment due to the system being unavailable. There is always a paper check.

JR1  
But when you have payments set for epay, you can't just send in a check or you'll be hit 2x.
Go Blackhawks! Go Pack Go!
Remembering our son, Ben Jan 22, 1992 to Aug 26, 2011.
For FB'ers: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BenRoberts/

ATSMAN  
Drake just informed us that MEF is up and running but slow at this time (6pm EDT). The Acks from this morning are slowing coming!

Frankly  
The angst that has resulted is astounding. Clients frantic. Calm down. It's as if an IRS worker got sick and had to go home early. That doesn't mean your tax return will be "late". Relax already.

Return to Business Operations and Development