Grant Furnas (CPA Broker)

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
Has anyone dealt with Grant Furnas? He claims to be a broker of CPA firms. He has contacted multiple CPA's in my local area. I've never dealt with a broker that "represents the buyer," and makes the buyer pay a fee up front. We obviously have not given this guy any money, but I'm curious if this is a scam?

smtcpa  
That names rings a bell from past years as being a scam artist, but I can't say for sure.

Yeah. Sends faxes all over country -- I'm in San Diego. I hate these scammers --- "Send them to the moon..."

I cannot imagine needing a broker. There has been one that routinely contacts me; I know they're legitimate, but still find it annoying. I have yet to see any firms sold or merged between parties except through an existing relationship since a client list alone is not worth anything.

I sold my practice four years ago using a well known broker that specializes in accounting firms. Took about six months but he did find a buyer who paid 1X annual gross and included some money for F/A and A/R.
Buyer completely dropped the ball. He didn't contact most of the clients and the few that he did contact, only stayed with him for one year.
Broker did his job and the check cleared so I really shouldn't care that buyer was an idiot.
I do feel bad for the clients though

Return to Business Operations and Development