Any Go System RS users on TPT?

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
big or small.

I'm about to ask TR if I can test drive and if I like, to switch from UltraTax to Go Systems. I assume that Go System is every bit as unintuitive as it was 35 years ago with paper input sheets when I last used it.

But it is supposedly almost as fast as ProFx, which in turn in about order of magnitude faster than UT.

Assume even more expensive than ProFx

Go System hearsay:

Most government calculated fields have drill downs to see how the numbers were calculated or flow from

Doesn't crash on large returns.

Imports/exports to UT depreciation. So not "integrated."

Imports/exports with UT Planner.

Verified that it is compatible w Gruntworx. Compatible with TR WorkPapers and every input area can import from Excel.

Every form accepts Excel imports.

Lots of stuff I like about UT
:

1.more intuitive interface than ProFx for most tasks (except extensions)

2. much easier on multi state business entities if business.

3. easy to do partner special allocations and statements

4. tight integration with excellent fixed assets app

What drives me nuts about UT:

1. slooooow just to open statements. 8 minutes to print to screen complex returns that took 1 minute in ProFx

2. on business return equity sections and some state returns, simply can't figure out where UT gets it's numbers. Techs can't either sometimes.

3. Can't lock prevent returns from recalculating every time you open the return. So updates and fat fingers change returns easily.

4.There is no single screen that what electronic funds transfers will occur or have been submitted to occur. One screen for fed and all states. In UT you have rely on the very customizable filing instructions and reading every state return just before efiling to be sure of payments. You get these state PTE composite/entity returns/capital tax/franchise tax that's a pita to do for exts. Way way too easy to screw up around crunch times. I screwed up last April 2017 and thought I had increased an individal's 2016 balance due by her Q1 pmt into one ext payment, and had not. Noticed it the next day. Much less likely to happen with the one summary screen for all payments, all states before epaying/filing.

ProFx does have the one screen. Don't know if Go Systems does.

90% of my clients want me to use efw to pay their ext and return payments. Many want their est tax payments done same way. My informal impression is that most UT users clients don't want their accounts to epay.

5. UT individual web organizer is bad. I expect Go Systems to be worse if it even exists. Profx web org is excellent. At this point, I'm using Gruntworx for most individuals. So weborganizer is not important.

My mix of clients is 80 pct of revenue from a dozen large, multi state, complex individuals and business and trusts.

80 pct of returns simple enough for Drake.

Just a couple of per diem people. No admin to process extensions. Just me. Everything emailed or portals.

Got one response from a sole practitioner who's used Go System for years, back when it was Fast Tax.

Cloud only, Internet Explorer, not Citrix. assume that means the printing is handled by IE, like QBO. Bad and good aspects to that.

He only called tax tech support once or twice all tax season. That's hard to evaluate without knowing his practice etc.

Said it never felt slow. Another person familiar w GS said my multi state S corp would take max of 2 minutes to fully calc compared to the UT 8 minutes if it doesn't crash. Firms that prepare public partnership returns use it.

Doesn't have the clear single page display of efw payments that will be made upon upload, but provides an html report which shows that. I don't know why TR insists on providing only html reports for this stuff, but I guess that's the format of the actual transmitted files? so you know exactly what's going to the govt.

TR UT, otoh, only provides the html eft report after you've efiled. Dumb.

Return to Business Operations and Development