Outsourced Investment management

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
Does anyone have investment management outsourced as part of financial planning offered with their services?

I would like to offer outsourced financial planning services. I just don't know which firms would offer that. I heard that I could form an LLC with an investment advisor and collect 50/50 of the fees earned.

I'm looking for a list of companies that would help with that if you know of any.

To split fees, you would need to be licensed, series7 for example and I think that 50/50 is not the market. More like 80/20. I would approach small independent RIA's for example and I think they would have interest. A true RIA you may not even need to be licensed depending on the state. Not exactly certain.

I found a website that said I could form an LLC and split 50/50 fees. That did seem like too good to be true. That was a post from three years ago. I found another website through google that says they do outsourcing for CPA firms. I am not even sure if they are in my state (NY).

I'm not sure about the licensing for an RIA. That would make my plan not obtainable. I have an investment background by just reading a ton of bucks but for series 7 I thought I had to take a bunch of prior exams, etc. Also, there is a million different things I could be studying so It could make sense to outsource this.

I prefer a streamlined process rather than cold approaching people. I might decide to do that though.

Return to Business Operations and Development