Workflow Software

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
What do you use for workflow software?

I have just been introduced to Jetpack Workflow and the fees for a single user is around $30/month. So far its a great tool where I can enter in all my monthly due dates (i.e. payroll deposits, sales tax files, monthly bookkeeping) and any other one time jobs or reoccurring jobs. It also allows me to assign a task to my team members aka wife. Prior to that I was using an excel. What do you guys use? Thank you.

Wiles  
$30/month is high. It sounds like you have a simple office - you and your boss. Years ago when my situation was simpler, I used to use File In Time. It worked good enough. It was inexpensive and did not have a burdensome set up & maintenance.

https://www.timevalue.com/file-in-time

Wiles wrote:$30/month is high. It sounds like you have a simple office - you and your boss. Years ago when my situation was simpler, I used to use File In Time. It worked good enough. It was inexpensive and did not have a burdensome set up & maintenance.

https://www.timevalue.com/file-in-time

I like Time Value - almost similar to the excel spreadsheet that I created but more interactive and broader scope. Yeah, the price is high but I want to grow into it. One key thing I really like is that I can assign an email to a task with a click of a button. Thanks, Wiles!

We are shopping for something new. We used Jetpack during tax season and it was just not up to par. It felt like it was still in beta testing, which we told them when we cancelled out subscription. We've heard good things about Monday.com and will probably try a demo of that.

SJones45 wrote:We are shopping for something new. We used Jetpack during tax season and it was just not up to par. It felt like it was still in beta testing, which we told them when we cancelled out subscription. We've heard good things about Monday.com and will probably try a demo of that.

Yeah I've had Jetpack for a couple of weeks and it needs some more tweaking around and it's pricey. I actually prefer my good old excel spreadsheet - it seems much more efficient in that I don't have to spend a whole lot of time entering in tasks and jobs. Might have to resort back to excel again :/

Preppie  
I use Hubspot CRM. It was designed for sales and marketing, but the free version has task management tools laid out in the Kanban style that I like. It's not as robust as Trello in that regard, but Hubspot allows tasks to be tied to clients and client emails. During tax season I used customized 'deals' to track the status of individual returns and to track the cash flow I had in various points of my workflow pipeline. I have no plans to change.

WITaxGuy wrote:
SJones45 wrote:We are shopping for something new. We used Jetpack during tax season and it was just not up to par. It felt like it was still in beta testing, which we told them when we cancelled out subscription. We've heard good things about Monday.com and will probably try a demo of that.

Yeah I've had Jetpack for a couple of weeks and it needs some more tweaking around and it's pricey. I actually prefer my good old excel spreadsheet - it seems much more efficient in that I don't have to spend a whole lot of time entering in tasks and jobs. Might have to resort back to excel again :/

After we dropped them, I created a Google Doc and titled it "Jetpack 2.0". :lol:

Im sure these tech guys at jetpack are reading all the reviews online including ours!

I am now using Evernote and I just love it. It allows me to take notes (i.e. Typed, hand written or audio) during client meetings and it has a generic check off list with reminders which works for me.

I don't wanna over complicate it and spend more time on "organizing" and less time on actually accomplishing tasks.

kwkcpa  
We've started using Trello. Nice simple easy to use task board.

For example, each staff member has a board for quarterly work. We have list for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc. Under a list they enter a card for each client. In this card they can make notes and comments which are timestamped. We've kept it simple, when they complete the process for 2nd quarter, they simply move that card to 3rd quarter. Nice easy way to see what is done and what needs to be done next quarter.

We also are beginning to use a task board for each staff member with list for To Do, Working On, Awaiting Information, Complete.

I know it is not as sophisticated as many programs but I honestly don't need some of those extras in my practice.

BTW, tip to save money...Setup yourself as admin on a "team board" under that paid plan. Then create boards for each staff and simply share it with them. They can use under the free user and you have control of with whom it is shared as "team admin".

Return to Business Operations and Development