Recommended Monitor Aspect Ratio?

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
CarlCPA  
For many years, I've always used monitors with 5:4 aspect ratios for my CPA practice, as they did not distort the display of any accounting software programs. I'm looking to purchase dual large monitors (possibly 24") but find that most manufacturers no longer make large monitors with the 5:4 ratio.

What ratio monitors are other tax professionals using, and do you experience distorted display issues when using those with other ratios?

Any input would certainly be appreciated!

ATSMAN  
1280 x 1024 is the resolution with my LCD monitor. I have a 18 inch and a 24 inch and both display the complete screen without the need for scrolling.

I have been using 16:9 for years, between 19" and 32". Currently have dual 32" (at my prior job, I had SIX 24" monitors at 16:9). NO issues with distortion, current software is smart enough to accommodate.

I have four 16:9 monitors aside from my spare 5:4 monitor. No problems with my current software. Three are for me (two are vertically oriented); the other is the client view for my tax program.

What software do you use that you would think wouldn't work well with 16:9?

CarlCPA  
I use Lacerte and was concerned that the 16:9 might be a problem, but is sounds like it won't based on everyone's responses. I hadn't planned in vertically orienting the monitors, but may consider. Thanks all for the feedback...much appreciated!

chris  
I very much want to get one (or two) of these. I don't think I'd be able to hide it from my wife though.

https://bit.ly/2zhtL6s
Site admin and software developer for TaxProTalk.com and https://TheSiteFactory.com

Hopefully someone with Lacerte will chime in with specific advice. I use UltraTax, and I would assume that for what you pay for Lacerte you could use it easily in 16:9...

Return to Business Operations and Development