RC Reports

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
For those of you who use rcreports.com:

-What subscription level do you have?
-What do you charge a client to run a report?

Thanks for your time.

jesella  
I think I have the Basic subscription. I know I should be charging, but honestly, I have it built into my S Corp tax prep fee.

Thank you jesella.

I'm thinking I'm going to be getting a subscription eventually as I see it providing tremendous value to clients.

I don't want to scalp anyone, but am thinking about billing somewhere between $100-300 per report, mainly hoping just to recoup the cost of subscription.

jon  
Looks like STARTER three month subscription = $299
BASIC yearly = $749
PREMIUM yearly = $1,049

Thanks jon.

I was aware of their pricing structure as it's publicly posted on their website.

I was more asking what CPAs/EAs charge clients for running an RC report.

If I recall, the form they require to be filled out for preparing the RC report is pretty detailed. If you are the one doing it, you need to be including the value of that PLUS a fee to help recover your subscription cost.

I have been trying to get my S-Corp clients to use this, since basically none of them want to listen to me on reasonable compensation. Not one has been willing to bite on an RC Report--it presents data they do not want to see that is difficult to argue against. Same reason I cannot get HOA/POA clients to do reserve studies. The cost isn't the detractor; it is what the reports will reveal, and they just do not want to see the truth.

Thanks Cornerstone.

I hadn't really considered my time as I'd insist they be the ones filling out the input info for liability purposes. But I will have time spent regardless that I need to consider.

Good point about clients wanting to stick their head in the sand. I think I can sell the RC study pretty effectively. Fines, penalties, IRS re-characterizations, doom and gloom, hellfire will cause even clients with the most intestinal fortitude to lose sleep and call me in the morning...I hope. :roll:

It may also help to illustrate to some clients that an S election isn't advantageous in conjunction with my entity calc. So many people now want to make an S election out of the gate on a start-up with zero revenue.

Return to Business Operations and Development