Workflow - Practice CS

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
Hey everyone,

Wondering if anyone has a workflow process tied to Practice CS? I am finding Practice CS to be fairly clunky but my firm will not imagine switching programs. Trying to find a way to use it as a central hub of my operating process but unsure how to strategically create a workflow based on the software. Any help would be awesome!

makbo  
It's been six or so years since I've used Practice CS, but I recall one key was to link the return status in UltraTax to the status in Practice CS. Completing a status step would automatically move the next task onto the next default person for that task. Or something like that. Clunky at first, yes, but powerful once you get it tuned. But maybe it's changed a lot since then.

wel  
It's also been ~ 5 years since I've used Practice CS for workflow with UltraTax. My recollection is the same - seems clunky at first, but works very well once you've got it set up right.

Wiles  
makbo wrote:But maybe it's changed a lot since then.

TR has abandoned making any updates to this program other than making sure it still talks to other programs in the suite. Their focus is now on Onvio.

Yeah, the linking between Practice and the other programs is its main feature. Basically, you make Practice dashboard the starting point of everything you do, you link to the other software, use the timers (hopefully your firm spent the money on the timers), and it basically does everything for you. But if it's not set up well it won't work well... which I guess is true for any workflow software, I guess.

Wiles wrote:Their focus is now on Onvio.

Is Onvio any good, or is it a downgrade like CSA->Accounting CS has sounded like?

Wiles  
missingdonut wrote:Is Onvio any good, or is it a downgrade like CSA->Accounting CS has sounded like?

No idea. Probably another functional behemoth with little consideration given to the user. But that's just my bias speaking.

Return to Business Operations and Development