Scanner Recommendations?

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
I'm shopping for a scanner for use with SAAS for CS. I've read "BEST PRACTICES: Selecting a Scanner for Use with the CS Professional Suite" and am leaning toward the Fujitsu fi series. Thomson Reuters says they offer "special Preferred Partner pricing" on six Fujitsu fi models which "will integrate easily with CS Professional Suite products." However, I thought I would check in here and do some comparison pricing before I make my selection.

If you love your scanner, please let me know which one you are using and why you love it.

If you use one of the Fujitsu fi scanners, please let me know which one you use and why you selected it.

Love my Fujitsu ScanSnap ix500. I do not integrate with any CS products so I can't speak to that type usage.

Reasons I love (not all inclusive):
• Fast
• Can scan 2 sided automatically or turn on just one sided scanning
• Automatically determines paper size
• Deletes blank pages
• Automatically turns landscape oriented pages the correct direction
• Scans in color
• Picks up writing in pencil
• Will multiple pictures at once then turn each picture into a separate jpg document
• Software allows you to manipulate the file (i.e. change page order if you scanned incorrectly, delete any pages you accidentally included, etc) before saving to a folder
• Took a hard fall once and kept running like a champ

swgordon  
I use the Fujitsu ScanSnap ix500 as well. I really like it. It is a great value for the cost.

The scansnaps arent TWAIN compliant and likely won't be compatible in OPs situation. The Fi models are and work great. I bought a 6130 as a workhorse a few years ago and still works great today.

Thank you for the replies.

I have had a Fujitsu FI 6130 for many years. Still works fine. Wanted a network scanner so I purchased a Brother ImageCenter ADS-3000N High-Speed Network Document Scanner, Multi-Page Scanning, Color Touchscreen, Kovak VRS Certified, Continuous Scan Mode. Works great. Considerably faster than the 6130. Purchased from Amazon.

wel  
I first started using Fujitsu Fi-6130 series scanners about 10 years ago. They were/are very popular with small / mid-sized firms. They pretty much set the standard. Surprisingly capable for their size. Dependable and last a very long time.

That said, they are ~ 10 years old, so competing products have almost certainly caught up. I haven't used any of the newer Fi-71xx series, or any of the competing products - but I'm interested in hearing about them.

I’m an extremely satisfied Fujitsu ScanSnap ix500 owner. I’ve owned and used their products since 2008.
Invaluable for going paperless and for quick / efficient scanning
I also have subscription to Adobe pro pdf for 15 a month for editing saved PDFs.

In conclusion , once you start using it , you’ll wonder why you didn’t buy it sooner as it will save you time and money

( BTW, this scanner works well with countless software products. One day , I’d LOVE to subscribe to Efile Cabinet doc mgmt software. I’m guessing this scanner will be great tool to work alongside a solid DMS software like efile cabinet )

Omg, the Fujitsu 6130 series are workhorses. Bought my first one 11 years ago and another a few years later. They were expensive but given the longevity, peanuts. They are fast, scan both sides of the page in the same pass and the software is easy to set to take out holes, blank pages.....etc. they just work plain and simple.

PBinNJ  
I have a Fujitsu 5110C which I got probably about 7 years ago. I like it but it tends to scan two pages at a time, aborts and then I have to start up again. I use my Brother MFC-7860DW instead for 4 years now and never a problem.

Return to Business Operations and Development