UltraTax crashed lost client....30 min+ hold time

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
Any UT users out there that might know a solution to this problem?

While working in UT this morning, the program crashed. I restarted my computer. When I brought UT back up, the client I was working on disappeared from the client list. I tried Help>Repair>Rebuild Client List but the client does not appear. I have gone to my root directory for the data files. The client is there and shows that it was last modified this morning so hopefully (fingers crossed) everything is still there.

I think I may have had this problem before but cannot remember any more tricks.

TIA

ATSMAN  
I don't use Ultratax but with other tax software I have had situations where due to electrical failure or some other unforseen issue the computer shutdown without me closing the return. Unless the file got corrupted you should be able to either rebuild or restore the client from an automatic backup that you setup when you install the software.
These days it is rare that you lose the client data file all together. You may lose the last few entries before the failure.

Ugh!

Semi-user error. I have a couple of different data paths due to networking issues and UT lost the path I use 99% of the time. (I had assumed UT was looking in the right directory.) I had to add it back and remap it. I'm back up now.

Nothing like a procrastinating client and network issues to start out your Monday and last day of tax season. :evil:

Thanks for the response ATSMAN!

swgordon  
I had a problem with Ultratax earlier this year where i was working in a return with a client that had several rental properties. I use the cloud version. Citrix stopped running and it froze up on me. When i logged back in all of the Asset details of 3 rental properties was completely gone. I had to rebuild it from the prior year data. I never did find out what happened as i was in a rush and it was quicker to rebuild it than spend an hour on the phone with them troubleshooting.

Return to Business Operations and Development