Cloud Based Software for $10mm Consulting Firm

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
dingus  
Hi All -

I usually don't have clients in this revenue range (and I'm actually asking for a friend). Can anyone recommend a cloud based (or otherwise, if necessary) accounting package for a firm in a technical consulting business with $10MM and growing quickly revenue? They use salesforce CRM extensively and send their invoices through salesforce, but they are generated and tracked in QB and the two aren't communicating currently, so something that eliminates the duplication therein would be great.

Looking forward to hearing your suggestions.

Thanks!!

chris  
I think at that level of revenue (and growing), eventually all roads lead to SAP...

http://www.sap.com/solution/lob/finance ... ights.html
Site admin and software developer for TaxProTalk.com and https://TheSiteFactory.com

I've run into these duplicative situations before - we have some type of "internal" billing software (that also keeps up with payments received) and we also have something like QuickBooks that keeps the true books all the way around. A few thoughts:

If the burden isn't awful, I'm not opposed to telling clients to continue to keep 2 sets of "books" to track A/R. It's actually a good set of checks and balances.

If the burden is awful, then you'll probably have to move away from SalesForce if it is not suitable as a complete, standalone accounting package.

In which case, QB's Enterprise version, or QB Online, will solve the problem. If they want more expensive, then something like a Great Plains might be in order, where we can have a periodic formal closing of the books among other things. All the "real big" places use an SAP based version, as Chris says, but I'm not sure if we're there yet.

I've seen companies use QuickBooks all the way up until they went public. I've also seen companies use QuickBooks all the way up to $100m or so in revenue even when they didn't go public.

Return to Business Operations and Development