Phone system upgrade

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
Gjkycpa  
We have a very old phone system using Spectrum with old phones. Office is older house, may have some wiring issues since we are having problems with call going to hard line. Internet works, fax works (same line) and we are using Spectrum rollover option to cell phone for actual calls, which is working just fine. Can't get main hard line phones to answer (no actual dial tone).

Looking at 2 options, still using Spectrum

Option 1, quote $2,332 from company servicing larger companies. Separate phone server with 3 phones.

Option 2, $1,165 from company working with smaller companies. XBlue system for small office with 3 phones, auto attendant, voicemail, caller ID, paging and intercom. Up to 4 lines.

Thanks in advance for you comments'suggestions.

There are other options if you're interested.

ATSMAN  
If you have Comcast in your area, check with them. They have a business package starting at $29 per month and cheaper if you bundle internet.

makbo  
Gjkycpa wrote: Office is older house, may have some wiring issues since we are having problems with call going to hard line. [...] Can't get main hard line phones to answer (no actual dial tone).

What do you mean by "hard line"? Is this POTS (plain old telephone service), analog over copper wire? I've heard this traditionally called a "land line", but of course VoIP (voice over internet protocol) looks superficially like a traditional land line, but I'm not sure it should be called that.

Since you indicated internet service is not an issue, have you considered an option such as Ring Central? Their platform is quite good and feature rich. Question is if you would be able to port your existing numbers, or need to convert them to forward to numbers obtained via Ring Central.

There are other options, such as 8x8, that are cheaper but did not meet my needs.

Return to Business Operations and Development