Time and Billing Software

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
Dear Fellow TaxProTalk Members,

Hello. I am a fellow CPA candidate that has started working at a local tax firm here in the OC. In my interview, one of my tasks post tax season was to overhaul our administrative system. My boss uses ProSystem FX for his tax return preparation but uses paper "time records" for his time sheets, uses Microsoft Word for preparing his billing and still uses a Rolodex for accessing client information.

The way he runs his business is a bit old-school but now he wants to move into automating his administrative systems. He is looking for a time and billing system and client admin (tracking) system that shows the name, address, telephone number, e-mail and can display a status system of returns.

What would you professionals recommend? I am hoping for any kind of help here. I would be greatly indebted to anyone that could help our situation.

If you want to have integration with ProFX I'd look into getting contact management and time and expense entry from CCH. When a return is opened you have the option of starting a clock which can be saved automatically on the timesheets. Everythings integrated with the contact management which is a virtual rolodex.

smtcpa  
I used Office Tools Pro for the last two years. It was pretty good but it was server based and I want to be 100% cloud-based. So now I am with JetPack Workflow. It seems like nothing more than a glorified task listing, but it is decent. I know others that use SmartSheet to track work.

Return to Business Operations and Development