Client numbers so far

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
mdavis  
I've noticed this year the phone is ringing more asking questions from current and prospective clients, but the ones coming through the door isn't the same numbers as last year at this time, I always wait until about the 28th to really get worried about number, has anyone else noticed this?

My clients rarely ask questions--I typically have to think through their individual scenarios to raise issues or potential strategies. A handful have asked basic questions, but none pertaining to TCJA until I brought up some new regulations that could impact some decisions they make. I have worked with most of these clients for 10-15 years and it seems they just want to leave everything up to me.

Not worried about new clients--have already grown tax side by 20% without trying due to referrals.

ATSMAN  
I am getting more calls especially from friends/family of existing clients regarding TCJA changes. These folks were mostly DIY. I am trying to get them come see me with their papers and then I will answer questions that relate to their situation.

mdavis I would suggest not waiting but rather reaching out to clients and being proactive. this time of year I send a personalized email (not a mass email) to each and every client to see if most if not all respond. A response usually means they aren't going anywhere. If I get concerned about response rate I step up my efforts to bring in new business.

Return to Business Operations and Development