Intuit Link

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
I have played around a little with Intuit Link. Anyone use it? If so, how do you like it? I have put off using it because the majority of my clients are older and not real computer literate (and I'm not either). I tried it with my daughter and sent the organizer, checklist and engagement letter just to see how it worked. That part worked well. She did say she got a lot of emails from it. I really would like to use it as a secure portal for some. A few questions:
1. Do you like it? What do you like most and least?
2. Can you adjust how often clients receive emails from intuit link?
3. Can you send the client tax return copies through it?

I went through the brief tutorials, but still have questions. Did you take any specific training in order to use it?

zl28  
I love it; it's a game changer. Now clients can upload tax docs whenever they want without me getting a 100 emials a day.

I get one email a day showing what clients have uploaded what.

I can check off a box that says i've entered the data and don't have to look at that tax doc again.

It's one of the best features i've had ina while.

You can send the tax return thru Intuit Link....i would recommend inviting the clients the 1st week in January so they remember to use it

I didn't take training...but if your clients are not super computer literate; they may rather just mail in their tax docs.

I don't take advantage of all the features; but i used to use Citrix Sharefile to upload and everytime someone uploaded a tax doc, i'd get an email...which was really inefficient.

I also generally don't ask people to fill out hte organizer unless a new clients.

ZL28, thanks for the feedback. I have already mailed out engagement letters, etc. for this year, so won't be using it for that this year. Also, I will only be able to use it for a few clients due to the older ones not wanting to get on board with it. Do you just invite them one time, or do you have to invite them annually? If I only want them to be able to use it (this year) to upload documents, do I just invite them without attaching anything to it but the initial e-mail invitation?

Twin Turbo Z  
Account Deactivated
Proseries user here (too long to remember). Anyhoot. I tried the whole "link" thing with my personal tax return and just didn't like how clunky it is. We too have many clients that just dont do computers that much and it would be a mess for most to figure out. Plus the service has "Intuit" logos all over the pages and emails. Yes I know you can upload your logo. But the emails and other parts have "Intuit" all over it. Check out over at intuits support site too and you will see how most just find it cumbersome and glitchy. But hey, try it. Opinions are like...well you know :)

Return to Business Operations and Development