Fee for Extensions

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
migbike  
I used to work for a firm that did a ton of 1065s. They used certified mail for the extensions because if any of the extensions fell through the cracks, they could claim that they were in the package and provide a mail receipt. :lol:

Eduardo  
migbike wrote:I used to work for a firm that did a ton of 1065s. They used certified mail for the extensions because if any of the extensions fell through the cracks, they could claim that they were in the package and provide a mail receipt. :lol:

I had this happen 8 or 9 years ago for a law firm client (where my attorney was the managing partner). Forgot to file their extension, and the office manager sent me the notice from the IRS. I submitted a letter stating that it was filed and provided the extension and the certified receipt, and the penalty was waived.

migbike wrote:I used to work for a firm that did a ton of 1065s. They used certified mail for the extensions because if any of the extensions fell through the cracks, they could claim that they were in the package and provide a mail receipt. :lol:

Yes, just perhaps there is a logical reason some CPAs still file extensions by Certified Mail. :!:

makbo  
Why not just do what Jeff-Ohio does, and make a manual notation on the extension form that it is for all future tax years? Problem solved once and for all! :D

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=12371

Previous

Return to Business Operations and Development