any suggestion for remote support web based app?

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
Max sessions 150/year. Love https://www.fastsupport.com/ from logmein.com but that's probably an expensive subscription for high volume users.

I subscribe to TeamViewer for extended remote access purposes. Fine for that but not good for quick support calls with my few non tecch saavy clients.

Spent close to an hour the other day with one person just getting them to install TeamViewer. The kept clicking on the TeamViewer web site install button thinking that would start the remote session. Then they couldn't find where they had downloaded the install file. etc etc.

Len Raphael
Oakland CA

makbo  
lenraphael wrote:Spent close to an hour the other day with one person just getting them to install TeamViewer. The kept clicking on the TeamViewer web site install button thinking that would start the remote session. Then they couldn't find where they had downloaded the install file. etc etc.

I never install TeamViewer, I only use the "run once" option, one of the things I like about it.

Don't most browsers these days provide an easy link directly to the last downloaded file, from the browser?

makbo, some pop up a window when download finishes every time but sometimes don't. since i couldn't see the user's screen i don't know.

I have used most platforms and at this point, I only use ConnectWise. I have been using it for a couple of years now and overall, really like it. It is affordable and offers all of the functionality you need, whether single-session or perpetual access. My only complaint is they have not mastered multi-screen environments like LogMeIn, but they have improved it and I will deal with slight inconvenience for the savings relative to LogMeIn. I also like that I was able to brand it to my company.

You can remotely access from mobile devices and tablets, too.

don't need multi window function. Do need ability to scale decently to different resolution target screens. Even tech's usiing expensive remote support apps were unable to read my 4k large screen for months: appeared too small.

makbo  
CornerstoneCPA wrote: I also like that I was able to brand it to my company.

In general (considering also file exchange portals, for example), is that a good idea? I want my clients to fully understand they are dealing with a third party, and that they accept that vendor's terms and conditions of service. In other words, if there is a data breach or other failure on the part of that vendor, I want to be sure I can drag them into it if necessary in a lawsuit. My written privacy policy discloses the specific vendors I use with clients.

If everything is branded under your company name, doesn't that make you responsible for everything (in the eyes of the client)?

None of my clients believe or think I have custom software developed for my own use. They all have the sense to know I am using existing software, some of which is simply branded to match my company's image. In event of lawsuit, everyone is going to experience the mud anyway...it is just a question of how long.

eze  
makbo wrote:
CornerstoneCPA wrote: I also like that I was able to brand it to my company.

In general (considering also file exchange portals, for example), is that a good idea? I want my clients to fully understand they are dealing with a third party, and that they accept that vendor's terms and conditions of service. In other words, if there is a data breach or other failure on the part of that vendor, I want to be sure I can drag them into it if necessary in a lawsuit. My written privacy policy discloses the specific vendors I use with clients.

If everything is branded under your company name, doesn't that make you responsible for everything (in the eyes of the client)?

I disclose some of the software but I leave the door open in the disclosure "...and others." because I'm not updating all my engagement letters when I switch to a new solution. I disclose the big ones....Google Drive, G-suite, Intuit. It's not perfect, but just trying to be reasonable under the circumstances.

did quick trial of Glance.com, Connectwise.com and GoToMy PC (same as fastsupport.com ) GTMPc way easier for clients.Also way more expensive.

Since my voip vendor, Jive, got acquired by LogMeIn aka Go To My Pc, and Jive says they'll throw in GTMPc for free starting Q2, I'll wait till then and use that.

Return to Business Operations and Development