Intuit Quickbooks Desktop price increase announced

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
makbo  
QuickBooks ProAdvisor Deluxe Software Bundle goes from $350/yr to $450/yr for renewals beginning 9/3/2019. QuickBooks Desktop Accountant (which I think is the same thing minus the ProAdvisor training/certification benefits) goes from $400 to $500. (amounts rounded).

So I will get one more renewal at the old price. Still not too bad, considering I used to pay $549 just to get Enterprise/POS/Mac versions which I never really used (just one billable job using Enterprise).

Back when I started my practice, being an Advanced Certified ProAdvisor was worth something in terms of Find-A-ProAdvisor listing and credibility, but now they've discontinued the program, and I imagine Desktop ProAdvisor isn't far behind (it's already not worth as much as 3-4 years ago). While I still need the current version of QB desktop each year, plus support access and accountant features, I'm not dependent on QB for marketing to new clients.

I have always thought ProAdvisor was virtually useless in gaining new clients. What I find is the clients that value a ProAdvisor have little understanding of anything, and are generally difficult to work with and unwilling to pay higher fees. I do not feel inclined to compete with other ProAdvisors that charge a fraction of my fees. One of my tax clients is a ProAdvisor; let's just say I had to clean up plenty in their books before I could do their tax returns.

Pros? Learning more about using Quickbooks, single license for each product annually, and the payroll subscription. I'll remain a ProAdvisor for those reasons alone--certainly not as a marketing tool for new clients--and while I am annoyed by every price increase that occurs with software companies, QBO and QBD are still a heck of a lot cheaper and better than other platforms on the market.

Return to Business Operations and Development