$.50/stamp!!

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
Gjkycpa  
We are making a major push to eliminate as much postage as possible.
We are now grouping local net profits tax/local p/r withholding payments and mailing to local offices.

1. Do you mail federal and state payment vouchers for clients and use stamps?

2. We are going to group those payments into one envelope per week and mail next tax season and maybe start with current year extensions.

Would the federal or state screw this up, or do some of you have clients pay balance due returns with ACH.

Thanks

I have POA to handle payments, electronically, for most business-type returns. For extensions, they are grouped in mailings based on filing address, and that is the only time I ever mail payments for clients (check attached to extension). Otherwise, for income tax returns and even a few others, I provide the vouchers to the clients and it is on them to address.

I have one client I have to maintain paper clients for, otherwise I am basically paperless...and postage-less, extensions being exception for reasons I will not get into again.

The only time I mail payments for clients is with extensions as well. I also group those based on filing address and mail them along with the checks attached.

For everything else, I provide vouchers to the clients and they pay as they wish.

smtcpa  
We never mail payments for clients. They do that on their own.

Return to Business Operations and Development