Business Coach for Growing Firm

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
Hey! I have a small firm that is onboarding new clients very rapidly. I've had success over the past 6 years, and quit my job in 2017 to do this full time. I've started hiring accountants to assist, which has been great, but I'm having trouble navigating the growth from 200k to 400k in my mind. It's not that I can't plan it, but I'd rather pay for a coach/mentor to help me navigate it. Does anyone have any good suggestions for a business growth coach in the tax space?

I am unaware of a CPA coach worth their weight in salt BUT through experience, have you not seen firms you want to emulate?

For me, I had 2 small sole practitioners in mind that a did contract work for after my years at PW (now PWC).

I took what they did, worked it, tweaked it etc.

I would suggest raise your prices, put in a quality control system that EACH client goes through and narrow what you do.

I learned from a CFP coach to narrow your niche and become an expert to few as opposed a generalist to many.

Also, I attended "Strategic Coach" based out of Toronto. Worth every penny. Meets 4 times a year , cost then was about $10,000 a year plus travel. My net income has doubled, workload decreased and I made lifelong friendships with entrepreneurs across the country.

smtcpa  
Good advice from southparkcpa

I'd also suggest just posting questions on this board or other Facebook groups that provide advice. I started a FB group as well for this type of thing. It has only a few members but the idea is to help coach each other. Join at https://www.facebook.com/groups/557417781411337/ and I'd be glad to offer suggestions as well.

smtcpa wrote:Good advice from southparkcpa

I'd also suggest just posting questions on this board or other Facebook groups that provide advice. I started a FB group as well for this type of thing. It has only a few members but the idea is to help coach each other. Join at https://www.facebook.com/groups/557417781411337/ and I'd be glad to offer suggestions as well.

So I just sent a join request..... "Matt"

Return to Business Operations and Development