E-serviices Secure Mailbox. Is it just me?

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
I can access my secure mailbox just fine using the SOR link. I can download information that the IRS has uploaded for me.

However, there is no logout button to log out of the service once I am finished. I'm not talking about getting transcripts through TDS. This is actually the secure mailbox preparers can access through the Access SOR link. Am I overlooking something on this page?

makbo  
No, I don't think so. While I'm not taking the time to login right now, I definitely recall noticing the same absence of logout option. For me, it's a problem when trying to log in again, as the cookies seem to indicate I'm still logged in or something, but in any case just closing the window/tab without logging out has caused me issues on more than one occasion. Usually I either have to delete all the IRS cookies in my browser, or use a different browser.

My solution is to always open the mailbox in a new tab. That way I can close the mailbox tab and still do a normal logout from the main eservices menu.

Thanks. Just wanted to be sure it wasn't me. I had actually accessed it directly through the SOR link, and since that goes straight to the mailbox, there was no link or anything else at the top (or anywhere else) to log out or go to another window. I thought it might be my browser.

If I access the mailbox through the TDS page, I can open up the mailbox window, access what I need, then close it and log out from the TDS page. So for others out there, now you know.

Return to Business Operations and Development