New to E Services

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
Gjkycpa  
Searched but could not find my answer.

After couple years of trying I was finally able to set up a E Servcies login.
The procedures and help info on how to use seems inadequate to me, maybe I am missing something. When I login and go through the steps, 3 business's show up as available for me to work on. The word inidvidual showing in red and 2 line items for my CPA business. I can not look at anything for either of the 3. One of the business lines lets me continue but stops me indicating that there is no 2848 on file.

I have faxed recently 2848's for 3 clients I am working on. I thought, in therory, once those 2848's were processed those companies would show up when I logged in so I could see transcripts, etc.

Thanks for any help.

makbo  
Yes, that has always been confusing. If I recall correctly, the entry for "individual" is where you go to manage your EFIN application. The one with your street address doesn't seem useful at all; it is usually the one with just my name and nothing else that I use to get to TDS (where the first thing it does is ask for your CAF). None of my three menu choices have ever shown in red, so I don't know what that's about, probably some incomplete data affecting the active status of the account.

makbo  
Gjkycpa wrote:I thought, in therory, once those 2848's were processed those companies would show up when I logged in so I could see transcripts, etc.

I have only filed 2848s for individuals, not business entities, but I can tell you that your authorized clients will NOT show up as menu choices, you have to fill in the CAF, tax ID, name, etc first in order to select a client to work with (it will tell you if not authorized).

Contrast to MyFTB in California, for example, where you can browse lists of currently accessible individual, business, and trust clients.

Return to Business Operations and Development