Liability Insurance

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
My professional liability insurance carrier has been AON (thru AICPA) since i started my biz back in 2006. The premium has gone thru the roof this past two to three years.

I got a quote from Crum and Forster for 40% less than AON. Anyone has used Crum and Forster before?

thx in advance.

novacpa  
When you say "through the roof" how much is the premium quote this year; and what are your terms?

makbo  
If you switch, who is going to provide tail coverage, for returns you prepared prior to TY2019?

Did your gross revenue, number of employees, or types of returns prepared (and other accounting/bookkeeping work) change significantly? Did the current policy add coverages such as cyber insurance that you overlooked?

Did you try to ask AON why the premium increased so much?

I know, not an answer to your question about Crum & Forster, but items I thought were relevant to the discussion.

I quoted Aon last year and they were ~30% higher than my Hartford policy through my local agent at Price & Ramey. So other than makbo's question above, a change might be in order.

I was surprised that Aon was so high because all the other AICPA products are so good - life, LTD, umbrella for example.

Return to Business Operations and Development