Outsourced tax return software and support

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
Does anyone have any idea about which of the major tax return software providers have their software written and/or help desk manned abroad, say in India?

CCH
Intuit
Thompson Reuters
Drake

Coddington  
As far as I know, ThomsonReuters' help desk and developers are primarily based in the Dallas suburb of Carrollton. Intuit and CCH also have at least some editors or developers in the same area.
-Brian

Director of Tax Accounting Methods & Credits
SourceAdvisors.com

Opinions my own.

chris  
Drake is in North Carolina and from what I can tell 100% of the support is there.

Development...that will be a hard question to get answered from any of these companies. Note that there are shades of grey with development - someone in India doing module development (e.g. "write a function that turns a field red if error_condition is true") isn't a huge concern.

Having the entire design/code/test process offshore, would be.
Site admin and software developer for TaxProTalk.com and https://TheSiteFactory.com

Coddington  
After leaving Deloitte, I interviewed at ThomsonReuters for a developer position and I have one friend that is a developer there. They have dedicated tech support here in the US. During tax season, when the developers are not as busy, they assist as tech support.
-Brian

Director of Tax Accounting Methods & Credits
SourceAdvisors.com

Opinions my own.

Return to Business Operations and Development