AccountingSuite

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
I just took a one hour CPE on AccountingSuite, based on someone's suggestion here for client/CPA cloud accounting software. I like what I see, especially relative to Quickbooks. Who uses it, and what are your thoughts after actually using it with clients? There are a few things I wish were more directly part of the software, such as electronic payments and payroll, but they have integrations.

I can see where it would be an ideal fit for a few of my clients, especially as I try to move away from Intuit and to GOOD cloud solutions.

makbo  
CornerstoneCPA wrote: GOOD cloud solutions.

If only there were some...
Amazon AWS Outage Shows Data in the Cloud is Not Always Safe

"hardware failure can happen anywhere and [...] hosting data in the cloud does not automatically make it safe"

To be fair, they aren't saying cloud solutions are bad, just that they don't have the degree of safety people mistakenly attribute to them. But I am curious: what exactly do you see as the difference between a good solution and a good CLOUD solution? Are there other features beyond safety that you may be mistakenly attributing to the cloud? (Not your question, but I wanted to toss it in to broaden the discussion if anyone else is interested).

I am not attributing any benefits to the cloud, other than ease of access from anywhere and by multiple users. I still firmly believe locally installed software is generally more robust, but I am also structuring my business to stop relying on locally installed software since I am not going to allow clients access to my network and their data files.

I have previously stated how much I hate QBO. It is slow. It is buggy, especially the Desktop App for accessing QBO. It sucks at tracking inventory. You cannot easily restrict client access to only certain functions or pieces of information. I can go on. QBO is my basis for seeking a "GOOD cloud solution," because I think QBO sucks and I cringe at having to use it.

Return to Business Operations and Development