ATX Individual Tax Software

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
I am a frustrated CCH ProSystem FX user of many years. Love the product but frustrated with the cost. The returns I do tend to be more complicated than the garden-variety kind but I don't do a large volume, so my cost per individual return is high. I've evaluated Ultra and Drake. In my opinion, there isn't enough after-tax savings to warrant a switch to UltraTax and Drake was ok.

Has anyone switched from CCH's ProSystemFX to their ATX? How would you compare ATX and was the decision a good one?

ATSMAN  
You may get a better response if you post your question to the atxcommunity.com board. I believe that board has a lot of current and former ATX users.

TaxCut  
If your looking to save money than Drake is the way to go. If not, you may have to reconsider changing.

Doesn't ATX offer demo software? It sounds like you already have a Drake demo. Pick out a few fairly complex returns and run each of them through both programs. That should help you decide which you like better. Their data entry formats are very different from each other and one may seem more intuitive to you than the other. Also, while you are trying them you might find one of them lacking a form that you can't live without. Test driving may be the best way to help you make the decision
Because on T.A. ten was the most you were allowed

ATSMAN  
https://taxna.wolterskluwer.com/profess ... x#packages

You have to signup to receive a demo/trial version.

I strongly recommend, you do that and run a sample of your existing returns to see if it is a good fit!

Thanks for the link. I am shocked that to have ATX maximize the education credit or carryover the tax paid to another state, you have to get the ATX Advantage. That one costs almost $4,300.

Am I missing something?

ATSMAN  
Taxalmancer wrote:Thanks for the link. I am shocked that to have ATX maximize the education credit or carryover the tax paid to another state, you have to get the ATX Advantage. That one costs almost $4,300.

Am I missing something?

I don't use ATX anymore so I am not sure about the differences. You may want to ask this question at atxcommunity.com because most of the members there are hard core ATX users and very helpful!

zl28  
I GOT OUT OF atx in 2012 when their software didn't work for tax season....worked well

ATSMAN  
zl28 wrote:I GOT OUT OF atx in 2012 when their software didn't work for tax season....worked well

A friend of mine got out of ATX in 2012 as well and went to Proseries, BUT after 2 years he is back with ATX and he tells me that the quality is much improved. I think he is using their MAX version.

Return to Business Operations and Development