Hosting service recommendation

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
I am looking to host my Lacerte tax and QB files. Anyone has any recommendation for service they are using and can share their experience using the service. I also use Smartvault for document management.

smtcpa  
I have used Infinitely Virtual for four years. They are good. I've also heard a lot of good things about Verito. I'd check them both out.

Have you had any downtime issues or connection problem with the hosting.

smtcpa  
Other than the recent Denial of Services attack they experienced this week (lol), none of significance. If I do, I submit a ticket and they respond very quickly. I certainly would rather have them watch over my server than me doing it on my own.

taxnexus wrote:Have you had any downtime issues or connection problem with the hosting.

taxnexus wrote:I am looking to host my Lacerte tax and QB files. Anyone has any recommendation for service they are using and can share their experience using the service. I also use Smartvault for document management.

I am behind on tehnology. Just curious, what does "host my lacerte tax and QB files" mean? And how does it improve efficiency and productivity for accountign firm?

thx

Firstly you can access your data from anywhere. Also you do not need to invest in data security i.e backup. You do not have to worry about day to day technology issues.

sjrcpa  
taxnexus wrote:You do not have to worry about day to day technology issues.

I disagree. You always have to worry. What if your host gets hacked? What if your hosted data is held for ransome?

Any decent hosting provider will have redundancy and backups to mitigate risk of a ransomware attack.

I have considered using MyQuickCloud Managed, but I don't like that they take care of all updates and installations. Each software vendor typically has their own hosted solution, but the costs add up very quickly compared to using your own.

Take a look at Rackspace and Bluehost--they're quite reputable. Eventually I will probably just have Intuit host Lacerte for me, and then I'll either get clients on QBO or some other cloud platform. I am going to phase out QBD.

Return to Business Operations and Development