Surgent CPE

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
dbfs  
Hi everyone

Has anyone used Surgent for CPE? I know they have various methods (webinars,CD's, DVD's,).
I am trying to get away from going to live, all-day classes.
It just seems after about the first 2 hours, I have trouble concentrating on the class and retention is after a few hours is low.
Thanks to anyone/everyone.

Don

I like Thomson Reuters Checkpoint. For a fixed price, you get all the CPE you want/need. Approved for CPA's and EA's (tax only for EA's). They have downloads, online (similar to a PowerPoint) and webinars. Two different pricing levels

I've used Surgent self-study cpe for about 3 years. Overall, they have excellent material. The exams are online, graded immediately.

They have two websites that offer similar, if not exactly the same, material. If you are looking for EA cpe, go to http://www.eaeducation.com/order/CE_order.cfm. The courses offered here are much cheaper than the other site, http://www.cpenow.com

I usually buy the 40 CPE for $150.

dbfs  
Thanks for the replies. I am going to change things up this year and not go to "live" reviews.
Merry Christmas to everyone.
Don

lawade  
I'll have to find the site and post it. But there is a place that advertises unlimited CPE for $99. Also following Phil Drake on Twitter is a wonderful way to find free CPE webinars.

I like Surgent CPE. If you go with a package it's a pretty good deal. I use the webinars mainly, but I've also done the self studys, which are very through (at least the ones I've done).

Return to Business Operations and Development