Printing labels

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
zl28  
I am looking for a printer just for labels.

I have a wacky system right now.

I use a whole sheet of Avery labels just to print out a label...what a waste since each sheet has about 30 labels.

I use my laser printer for this.

I see most 'label' printers are thermal.

Anyone have experience with these thermal printers that let you print out one label at a time without wasting a whole sheet of label?

Do you have a unit to recommend?

Does the info on the label ever smudge?

Try Dymo. I have three. One for mailing addresses, one for return addresses and one for postage.Brother has a number of different label printers. I purchased one (QL-800) which prints different widths using continuous tape.

zl28  
thank you....that sounds good...that be interesting to be able to print postage...never did that before...do you have any issues with the address smudging since that is a thermal printer?...that is my big concern. ty!

cp_acwt  
I use a Dymo Duo. I use one side for labels and the other for postage. I have not had problems with the labels smudging.

zl28  
thank you both!

smtcpa  
Same here.
cp_acwt wrote:I use a Dymo Duo. I use one side for labels and the other for postage. I have not had problems with the labels smudging.

cp_acwt wrote:I use a Dymo Duo. I use one side for labels and the other for postage. I have not had problems with the labels smudging.

Piling on; I also do this. I love thermal printers; no overpriced ink to buy!

Return to Business Operations and Development