Lacerte Discount ( discretionary)

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
Hi All:
Has anyone ever managed to persuade Lacerte to allow early renewal discount , after deadline ? The sales rep I spoke with today , told me that it’s impossible. She claimed that no one at Intuit has authority to do this. She said the strategy of requesting a supervisor’s over ride or appealing to higher ups was “ futile”
- When push comes to shove , if I threatened to not renew , would they cave in ?
- Let me know if anyone has had any success here or if anyone knows of a successful tactic to get discount
Thanks

ATSMAN  
I don't have any experience with Lacerte discount but I was successful with CCH to get a discount when I told the sales rep I was not renewing. He did not give me the discount right away but after a few days he called me and made the offer.

So no harm if you are willing to try. All they can do is see you go!

TaxCut  
I've seen a former preparer get the discount after the deadline more than once. But you have to threaten to leave and probably be prepared to actually leave just in case :lol: .

They would always call him around mid January to make him the offer or he'd call them. Not sure who called who but he'd always get the discount and stay with Lacerte.

I have been told by a Lacerte person that the Fast Path will go on sale for $99 (this was a few years ago, may be a little more now) the first week in January. If nothing else, that could save a few hundred dollars. May be worth checking into.

FYI, I called to check prices on Lacerte today. Was told there was not a $99 Fast Path deal; however, I was given 10% off to renew, which ended up being better!

Return to Business Operations and Development