SECURE Act CPE

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
I'd be interested if anyone finds some online CPE related to the SECURE Act, particularly if the CPE has a nice discussion on planning related to the elimination of stretch IRAs (e.g. Roth conversions, QCDs, CRTs, etc).

Gjkycpa  
Getting emails from CPE Warehouse. Thinking about taking it to get a start on 2020 CPE.
I think I took one of their courses before, but not sure.

Preppie  

Preppie, it is not clear to me whether that course qualifies for CE for EAs. It does have a program number. However, when compared with, for instance, the cryptocurrency course on the same page, there is a difference in verbiage in the Length:.

I suppose, if one gets good education, it should not really matter, but $39 for one hour is a bit of a premium to pay if there is no CE.

Preppie  
There is 1 hour of CE for the course.

makbo  
SumwunLost wrote:I suppose, if one gets good education, it should not really matter, but $39 for one hour is a bit of a premium to pay if there is no CE.

Maybe; but EAs also don't get federal CE credit for state taxation or practice management topics. I'm sure you'd agree that both of those types of education can still be worth the cost, even with no federal CE credit.

The course description states "Length: 50 minutes plus optional question-and-answer session (no CE)", which I interpret to mean one hour of CE for the formal presentation, plus additional Q&A minutes for which no additional credit will be available.

It's too bad Compass Tax Educators does not appear to have any kind of "About" or "Our Staff" info at the web site. I attended a live course by the instructor for this webinar ( Thomas Gorczynski ) last fall and thought he did a good job. Apparently two of the people behind the firm are people I know from years back via other tax pro discussion forums:

"If you have any questions regarding our refund policy, or any other administrative policy, please contact Sherrill Trovato, EA, USTCP or Geri Bowman, CPA, EA, USTCP"

Ms. Trovato is a past president of NAEA and teaches a well-regarded class for those seeking to practice before the Tax Court as non-attorneys (USTCP). I think Ms. Bowman has also held some organization board-level positions but don't recall the details.

Received an email from CCH today. They have a two-hour live webinar on the SECURE Act on Tuesday the 14th, at 3 pm EST. Currently on sale for $79.

https://www.cchcpelink.com/live-webinar ... WEBINARS20

TaxDude  
I just received an email from NATP today. They are providing an on-demand webinar and written tax law summary that is free to their members.

Return to Business Operations and Development