NATP or AICPA?

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
cl2018  
I am thinking joining NATP or AICPA so that I can get help from their tax resources. Does anyone here who is current member of these two organization can give some suggestions on which is a better one to join? Is there tax discussion forum on their websites after becoming a member? How is such forum compared to taxprotalk?
Thank you so much!

makbo  
I used to be a member of NATP as of a few years ago. I don't recall that they had a discussion forum online, but they do provide one free tax research Q&A each year. They don't have a strong presence in California, but back East I think they are more prevalent. If no local chapter, then basically you get some publications with nice tax articles, and email news alerts.

If you are a CPA, there is a tax discussion forum loosely associated with CalCPA that out-of-state CPAs participate in, it is somewhat comparable to TPT here, but lower number of postings.

cl2018  
makbo wrote:I used to be a member of NATP as of a few years ago. I don't recall that they had a discussion forum online, but they do provide one free tax research Q&A each year. They don't have a strong presence in California, but back East I think they are more prevalent. If no local chapter, then basically you get some publications with nice tax articles, and email news alerts.

If you are a CPA, there is a tax discussion forum loosely associated with CalCPA that out-of-state CPAs participate in, it is somewhat comparable to TPT here, but lower number of postings.

Thank you so much for the info. !

Return to Business Operations and Development