Multiple software programs not cooperating this year

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
My firm is having a lot of issues with multiple software programs this year (including Thomson Reuters programs, Doc It Suite and even 2019 Lacerte now and then). Programs run slow and get hung up (not respond) far too often. All workstations are running Windows 10. We have an in-house server and restarting it does help - especially with Doc It - but our IT provider can't seem to figure out the issues and stop the recurring problems.

Are any of you of there having similar issues or is this specific to my firm?

TY

ATSMAN  
IT provider can't seem to figure out the issues and stop the recurring problems.

Is this a professional IT service provider?

Windows Server and Windows 10 have very good diagnostic tools and audit logs that will point out to what happens before the program crashes.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/window ... ows-freeze

ATSMAN wrote:Is this a professional IT service provider?

Yes, it is a professional. And we're paying them a lot of money each month for band-aids that aren't fixing anything.

jesella  
Our IT guy has been pulling his hair out for months (figuratively - he doesn't have any left ;) ) thanks to Win10 updates. It's messed with some of our security software (raising false red-flags), had some UltraTax/File Cabinet issues, and we're still trying to figure out if the majority of the SurePrep issues we've had this season are Win10 or SurePrep issues. I think it's a combination of the two. We were all on Win10 last year too and didn't have anywhere near the issues we're having this season, so who knows what Microsoft has been pushing out lately. It's definitely not just you.

Return to Business Operations and Development