What kind of keyboard do you use?

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
Does anyone use a mechanical keyboard for their tax work? I have a logitech keyboard that I am not too fond of. Thinking about switching.

AlexCPA  
This is my jam:

Dell OEM Genuine USB 104-key Black Wired Keyboard (RH659 L100 SK-8115)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00496FELQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Since it is not made anymore, it is unfortunately super expensive. However, cheap ones sometimes surface on eBay. :D
Even more of my antics may be found on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXDitB ... sMwfO19h7A

ATSMAN  
90 bucks! Holy smoke! I use the LogiTek K120. Though outdated I think you can buy it on sale for under $20.

wel  
I've got Logitech wireless K520s at home and work, as part of the kb/mouse combos. Reasonably priced. I've been happy with them for several years.

octaxguy13 wrote:Does anyone use a mechanical keyboard for their tax work? I have a logitech keyboard that I am not too fond of. Thinking about switching.

Yep, I use a WASD Keyboard with Cherry Clears. Love it, love it, love it. It provides perfect typing feedback to me between a bit of noise and a bit of feel.

If you're serious, I'd suggest getting a tester (which has one key of each of the colors) first to see what you like best. Some people would be driven insane by the noise or wouldn't like that you have to hit the key harder.

My keyboard:

https://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Natura ... 004SUIM4E/

It's weird at first, but it's very comfortable after you get used to it. I buy a new one every 2ish years. It has hotkeys along the top, some of which are programmable. I can open Microsoft Calculator with the press of one button (if I'm being lazy and don't want to reach for the 10 key), and adjust computer volume up, down, and mute with the appropriate buttons (I like to listen to music half of the time while I work). It is a steal for the value IMO.

I use a wired mouse that has those side buttons. Would not do without them. They make for "back" and "forward" clicks on websites very efficient and quick.

Not a fan of wireless keyboards or mice. I don't like changing batteries. USB plugin all day for me.

I agree with the prior post regarding using the Microsoft ergonomic keyboard. I have a much older version that I like even more than the current Microsoft version. It's much more comfortable than a flat keyboard and better for your wrist's health. Once you use one for a few days, I think very few people would go back to a flat keyboard. Give it a try.

I use the Logitech MX KEYS and MX Master 3 mouse, though I use the Unifying dongle instead of Bluetooth. Bluetooth connections with keyboards/mice result in too much lag with Windows--Logitech seems to be the worst.

I chose the MX KEYS because it is wireless, but I can keep it plugged in without a cable being a hassle, and it is backlit (most wireless keyboards are NOT backlit). I also like the feel of its keys and ability to program keys for different purposes. I have three 32" screens, so do not always need or want additional lighting.

Tax_Man  
I found one a while back. Don't remember where or how much it was. There is no brand name anymore because of use... I like the click of the keys...
Enrolled Agent
16 years with IRS (retired in 2019 with 32 years Government service). 15 years business consulting.
If you are not having fun in your career, change your career...

Beagle  
I use a cheap Anker bluetooth keyboard which is about the size of one you'd have on a laptop. What I like is that I can take it with me when I work from home and it doesn't take up any space on my desk! I can sit back, put my feet up on my desk, put it in my lap and easily use it.

I have a usb wireless 10key pad also.

Return to Business Operations and Development