UltraTax In Cloud

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
swgordon  
I use virtual office for cloud access. I just realized that I am spending almost $11,000 per year on this as I have 7 users. I would think that I could revert back to the LAN option and just house the software on my own server and pay another company to house that for me.

Does anyone keep their software/client data in a hosted environment? Any suggestions?

wel  
The value of this depends upon your firm's specific needs. If you have 7 users in one location, a suitable server, a secure method of connecting remotely, a solid backup plan, etc. - your plan of moving back to a local LAN installation may save you some money. (Knowing that server maintenance, replacement, etc. are on you going forward.)

Also, the number of TR products that you use will also be a factor. On Virtual Office (VO), TR will do a lot of the configuration of the integration settings, updates, etc. If you're growing rapidly and using several TR products, this can be quite valuable - they will add servers, etc. as needed to serve you. If you're only using UT, then this doesn't have much value.

I doubt that you'll save any money if you explore another hosting solution - RightNetworks, CloudNine, etc. But, you may gain additional functionality that you don't get with hosting with TR VO platform (as non-TR applications aren't hosted in VO).

Good luck!
Last edited by wel on 2-Mar-2020 8:02am, edited 1 time in total.

swgordon  
Thanks for the advice! I also use Practice CS as well. I will look into some other options after 4/15.

smtcpa  
I looked at VO many years ago and never understood the advantages considering the price and that I could not host other applications. I used to RightNetworks for several years at about $500/month until I sold off a part of my firm. Next year I will need to add staff and will go with Verito due to pricing and very favorable reviews from others.

swgordon  
Thanks, I will look into Verito and Right Networks after tax season.

Return to Business Operations and Development