Drake question

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
tax_nyc  
Hi taxpros!

In Drake I did a MFJ return and ran it as MFS. MFS came out more beneficial. Does that mean I need to open up a new binder for the spouse and repopulate all her information in there? OR is there a way for Drake to just split the one return (MFJ) into 2 returns/binders so I do not need to re-enter everything for the spouse?

Thank you!

When you are in the return and hit "split" icon on top of screen, next check the boxes of the individual returns and hit save.
Next hit view. Then a box should pop up that lets you click the "MFS Split Return". Then for the spouse I hit the "open/create" icon on the main screen and type in the spouse's SS number. Everything should populate over. Hope that makes sense.

tax_nyc  
taxman99 wrote:When you are in the return and hit "split" icon on top of screen, next check the boxes of the individual returns and hit save.
Next hit view. Then a box should pop up that lets you click the "MFS Split Return". Then for the spouse I hit the "open/create" icon on the main screen and type in the spouse's SS number. Everything should populate over. Hope that makes sense.

Yes thank you! Drake is closed today and I wanted to finish this one up. =)

Return to Business Operations and Development