California 7 county business shutdown

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
Wiles  
https://www.sccgov.org/sites/phd/Diseas ... 31620.aspx

For the purposes of this Order, "Essential Businesses" means:

xx.Professional services, such as legal or accounting services, when necessary to assist in compliance with legally mandated activities;

Anybody know what 'legally mandated activities' means?

This has never happened before , so I don’t know. But, I think it mean that filing taxes is legal obligation , so we are still allowed to work. For me, I work in office by myself. So , I won’t be endangering anyone

Hmm. I wonder if "legally mandated activities" covers tax returns or just extensions? In other words, continue doing the work, filing extensions and providing vouchers to make payment, rather than issuing tax returns - at least not in person. That would seem to keep within the spirit of the order.

JAD  
I read the whole link. A lot of people are allowed to work. The gardener normally comes on Tuesdays, and now he is not allowed to work. I know a little about him. How is he going to manage?

This will be a rough time for many people who don't have the opportunity to work from home- like your gardener. When things are back to normal and everyone can work again, it might be nice to give these less fortunate folks a generous tip as a show of appreciation and support.

JAD  
He is here now. They are working. It's tough being told to commit economic suicide. And frankly, they are safer out in the fresh air than in the very cramped neighborhood that many live in. One man told me you can rent the space behind the couch for $100 - $200 per month.

Return to Business Operations and Development