Creative Solutions Accounting CS

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
Does anyone like it?
I don't. They don't care about smaller CPA firms. Every time they update the program, you need your IT person to get it running again. It's too complicated, expensive and hard to use. Support is expensive.
Any recommendations for other write up software?

smtcpa  
That is still around? I used to use it up to about 4 years ago when I thought they discontinued it and replaced it with Workpapers CS. It was great for importing QB balances, doing tax entries and then exporting to UltraTax. I did not like Workpapers CS so I do all writeup in QB or QBO, export a trial balance to Excel, make tax entries if needed and then use lookup tables to summarize data for the tax return or create financials. Not as efficient as CSA but once it is set up it works great and is very flexible.

wel  
Yes, still around. WP CS is like an add-on to Acctg CS. I don't know how to use either product very well. Planned on training, etc. over the summer. That may change with the 7/15 deadline...

Workpapers CS is reasonable trial balance software and it should probably be your obvious choice if you use UltraTax to prepare entity returns. It's a bit slow and bulky, but it's integrated. The greatest feature is that you can set up subcodes for consolidating into the tax return -- if you have clients that do their own books and have 20 different auto expense accounts, you can set up an auto expense subcode and it will lump them into a total when it goes into the tax return.

Return to Business Operations and Development