QB and the family leave

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
I have set up QB payroll according to the instructions from Intuit to account for the Family Leave payrolls. Just checked to see how it is booking and how the forms are working. The family leave payment is not being included in federal gross payroll on a projected W-2 or on a projected second quarter 941. The W-2 shows full wages for the state. Will this be corrected by Intuit for the year end, or is it something to be aware of when we complete year end forms? Does anyone know yet?

I had an e=mail from Intuit yesterday which provided a better set of instructions for setting up the various aspects of the family leave, the ERC and a method to track the payment of health insurance premiums. So I set up the family leave in what I think is a better way, the problem is still there that it doesn't transfer to the 941 or to the W-2 as part of gross wages. I haven't read anything anywere that the family leave wages are tax free (that's the only one I'm working with). So hopefully Intuit is going to fix that, or when it comes time to prepare forms, the preparer is going to need to be careful.

Return to Business Operations and Development