Anyone fimiilar with America's Tax office

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
sbishop  
I am looking to start offering Tax Prep Services. Does anyone have and experience with America' Tax Office? I am a find my own path kind of person, but I like the idea of having a support team this first year. They say that there is not long term commitment and the commitment is only for this tax season.

http://www.americastaxoffice.com/

Any feedbask?

makbo  
I have no feedback on ATO, but if you become an EA or CPA, Intuit also has a program where they bring you clients for a share of the revenue, which I suspect is mostly remote tax prep. Are you planning for a commercial office your first year? It's a lot of overhead to start, compared to home office/remote prep.

sbishop  
Right now The plan is to start with some firends returns, and as for referrals for $20-$40 for each. Liberty Tax is offering $50 for refer a friend. Once I feel more confident I was planning on running a EDDM campaign in neaby communities.

I found an office space(a room) for $225 per month and there is a shared lobby with seating. I was thinking of using that after the first few returns of friends.

There are 2 things that made me look at ATO first I do not have my EFIN and I just found out that it could take 45 days to get it. Second they offer a level when they review every return before it is efiled, and this level does not require me to have an EFIN

chris  
That would scare me; it sounds like ATO "owns" the client, then. If you disengage from them do you get to keep the client base or are they having you sign a NC agreement? Read the fine print in the contract before you do anything...
Site admin and software developer for TaxProTalk.com and https://TheSiteFactory.com

sbishop  
I have not seen anything about a NC agreement and It looks as though their business model is supporting individual prepares. There is a statement that I do not have to mention their name at all

Return to Business Operations and Development